HIFU Skin Tightening Treatment in San Diego
High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) skin tightening treatment in San Diego, employs ultrasound waves to puncture the skin at the dermis level while sparing the superficial layers. Without invasive surgery, this cutting-edge procedure helps to lift, tighten, and age years off the complexion.
7D HIFU is a breakthrough, non-invasive procedure with no downtime for lifting and tightening sagging skin of the brows, cheeks, lower face (jowls), jawline and neck, and almost any other part of the body. It does not impact the top few layers of skin, instead creating a wound at the dermis level using ultrasonic waves. It is the only available treatment that penetrates the SMAS layer (muscle).
The muscles that are tightened during a real facelift are the same ones that HIFU works to tighten. Skin elasticity, skin sagging, and skin texture smoothing are all improved with HIFU. Initially, the skin is tightened, giving you a renewed appearance with a tighter and raised skin texture. A major improvement in face contouring and a clear decrease in fine lines and wrinkles will be seen once the collagen induction process has started and had time to take effect (4-6 weeks after treatment). Results keep getting better for up to six months while your skin cells are healing and regenerating.
What Can You Expect After Your Treatment?
- Following treatment, you can have initial skin sensitivity that lasts up to a few weeks.
- No sun exposure at all for 24-48 hours after the treatment. Minimal sun exposure for a week. Somewhat If you need to be in the sun then a mineral SPF must be applied.
- The treated area may be flush, red and feel tingly
- The treated region may have bruising and numbness, which will go away in the days or weeks that follow.
- No strenuous activity for 48 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 48 hours
Main Differences Between HIFU & RF
- They use different technologies to heat up the deep skin, the HIFU delivers more precise and intense fractional ultrasound energy to the SMAS layer, while RF is based on a bulk heating strategy.
- HIFU can reach the SMAS layer because it penetrates the dermis farther and more deeply (muscle). RF, on the other hand, will not go as deep as It focuses on epidermal layers and does not go beyond the deep dermis.
- RF may need many sessions whereas HIFU often just requires one. The type of device being used, your skin’s circumstances, including its elasticity at the time and your genetic background, will determine the precise frequency of either of those treatments.
How to Choose Between HIFU and RF?
Our faces begin to droop, wrinkle, and sink as we get older. The following guide illustrates how certain therapies may be more appropriate for various sorts of concerns, even though each person’s ageing style is always unique and should always be treated individually.
Procedure Need To Knows
Minimal Recovery Needed
Up to a year
Number of Treatments
Mild Sensitivity Lasting 3-5 Days