Fat Cryolipolysis Treatment
Cryolipolysis commonly referred to as fat freezing, is a nonsurgical procedure that uses cold temperatures to reduce fat deposits in certain areas of the body.
Fat Cryolipolysis Treatment In San Diego
Fat freezing also known as cryolipolysis, is a non-surgical fat-reduction procedure that employs controlled chilling to get rid of stubborn fat that won’t go away with diet and exercise alone. There is no need for general or topical anesthetics or painkillers. There is no downtime, and you may start exercising and engaging in other daily activities right afterward.
How To Prepare For Your Treatment
Stop any medications that thin your blood as bruising in the areas of treatment is possible. If you are unsure about whether your medications are blood thinners please review this with your medical providers. Over the counter medications like aspirin, anti-inflammatories and fish oil supplements may also exacerbate bruising and should be discontinued.
Day Of Treatment
- Wear comfortable loose clothing
- As the gel pads will be administered with the applicator and will smear any clothing you are wearing throughout the treatment, wear cheap underwear and bring an additional pair to wear at home.
- You can eat before coming in, but we advise a light lunch because, very infrequently, some people may feel queasy at the beginning of the session.
- Prior to your treatment, a photograph will be taken for comparison on your follow up.
- Increase water intake
- Reduce the intake of toxins to the body (tobacco, alcohol)
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to treatment
- Avoid having any laser hair removal, laser treatment 2 weeks before treatment
- If the skin is red, irritated or broken, we cannot carry out your treatment until the skin has completely healed
- Please avoid caffeine and fatty foods on the day of treatment
- Please wear loose fitting clothing, no tight jeans etc.
- Please avoid a heavy meal an hour before treatment
Procedure Need To Knows
No Recovery Needed
Potential Risk of Mild Redness
About a year
Number of Treatments
About 2 per area
Frequently Asked Questions
It sure does, but don’t take our word for it, check out our testimonials. Please note that clients have different circumstances and taking into account that clients’ bodies differ and react differently to Cryolipolysis, therefore results vary from person to person. Aztec Tan & Spa cannot guarantee specific results, however, on average each Cryolipolysis treatment session can result in a 30% reduction of fat (see resources page). Aztec Tan & Spa stands by evidence based treatments, therefore we encourage all of our clients to look into Cryolipolysis case studies prior to their treatment. There is significant research that proves the effectiveness of Cryolipolysis treatment. Links can be found by clicking on our resources page.
No, the great thing about Cryolipolysis treatment is that you can go about your day as normal straight after treatment. Aztec Tan & Spa does advise that you increase your water intake by 2 – 3 liters, practice regular body brushing and follow all the aftercare advice given to you. This will help flush out the dead fat cells through the lymphatic system and improve your health and well-being.
You must wait a minimum of 3 months of your baby after the natural birth assuming there were no complications or a minimum of 12 months after a C section. It is best to get GP approval post childbirth prior to commencing with treatment. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this please contact us and we will be more than happy to assist.
You will begin to see results after 3 weeks, however the full results will be visible after 6 – 12 weeks. We do request that you come back 6 weeks after your appointment for a follow up appointment and then again at week 12 for a final measure and photo if appropriate. All follow up appointment are completely free of charge and form part of your aftercare.
The fat cells are destroyed permanently. After Cryolipolysis treatment the fat cells are destroyed by a natural process called apoptosis, the fat cells are removed by the body through the lymphatic system as a waste product. As the fat cells are removed body as with Liposuction, fat will not deposit again in the same area that was treated. However, without proper diet and lifestyle changes, remaining fat cells may expand and grow.